Friday, June 23, 2006

Somebody's been snooping through my mail



I recently filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM). The purpose of this article is not to discuss the actual contents of the request, but rather to share some evidence indicating that USSTRATCOM’s response was intercepted and opened prior to being delivered to my home.



When I first received the letter, I immediately noticed that something was wrong. The top of the envelope had been cut open and was being held together by a single piece of clear tape.




As can be seen above, the piece of tape was placed over the meter stamp, meaning whomever placed it there did so after the letter had been sent.

It is also apparent that the snooper first attempted to peal open the adhesive flap, but aborted his or her efforts when the paper began to rip.


Maybe it was just a curious postal worker, but I doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home